The pandemic and subsequent lockdowns have kept many people at home during the past year. And with many restaurants closed during lockdown, they had to learn how to cook. For some, it was a struggle, but many found that they enjoyed cooking meals for their family and they even branched out as their cooking skills grew to find new recipes and different cuisines to try.
One of the most searched cuisines on Google this year was ‘Indian cuisine’. Many people missed their favourite Indian restaurant and wanted to recreate some of those tasty dishes at home. To help with that, the Delhi Grill has decided to share some of our favourite traditional Indian lunch recipes that are not only easy to make, but delicious as well.
Traditional Indian Lunch Recipes
· 250 grams bhindi
· 1 bowl water, small
· 7-8 tbsp mustard oil
· 1 tsp jeera seeds
· 1 tsp fennel seeds
· 1 bowl onion, finely chopped
· 1 tsp ginger, chopped
· 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
· to taste Salt
· 1 tsp fennel powder
· 1 1/2 tsp aamchoor powder
· 1/4 tsp pepper powder
· 1/2 tsp sugar
· 1 tsp lime juice
· Heat oil.
· Add jeera and fennel seeds, cook for 2 minutes.
· Add the onions and lightly brown them.
· Add ginger and some water, stir.
· Add the turmeric powder and stir again.
· Mix in the bhindi.
· Pour in the rest of the water and continue stirring.